Thursday, April 7, 2011

Patient Testimonial

My name is David Turnbull. As a licensed paramedic, I feel heartbroken to write that my faith in the public health system in Canada has been completely abolished. I have rheumatic arthritis in both my feet, and from my days traveling around Istanbul barefoot am about to lose three toes. I have been contacting hospitals all around Canada and the shortest waiting time for surgery is 4 years. I simply cannot wait that long. I will be without toes and in excruciating pain for the next four years if I do not get attended to soon. My only alternative would be to visit the US for surgery, but with my lowly government pension that is simply not possible. I have had to resign from my day job as a Professor at Seneca College due to these conditions and might have to take refuge at Scarborough Town Centre just to have a roof over my head soon. Please, somebody take notice of this terrible terrible health crisis. As Canadians taxed to the hilt we simply deserve better.

No comments:

Post a Comment